Join us soon for the Winter Reading Challenge: Books Like Us!
#BooksLikeUs #YesThereArePrizes #NPLWinterReadingChallenge
NPL has an online platform for reading and learning called Beanstack.
Beanstack’s flexibility to develop and customize library programs allows NPL to offer reading and learning activities for all ages from preschool to adult.
If you participated in our 2020 Just 20 Summer Reading program, you’ve already used Beanstack. If you’re new to Beanstack, read on!
Getting started with Beanstack
- Go to beanstack.org
- Choose “Register an Individual or Family”.
- Follow the prompts to register yourself and/or any family members.
Register with App:
- Download the Beanstack Tracker app in your app store.
- Tap Get Started and select “Yup!” when asked if your library uses Beanstack.
- Type “Norwich Public Library.”
- Tap “Don’t have an account – sign-up”
- Choose a username and password
- Enter your name
- Follow the prompts to complete registration and add family readers.
Don’t do online?
Let us know by calling 802-649-1184 or emailing us at email@example.com. Staff can sign you up and provide you with a paper log for keeping track of your reading.
For more detailed instructions on signing up and using Beanstack online see “A Guide to Beanstack at NPL” (pdf).
Three good reasons to use the Beanstack app:
- Scan the books you are reading right into the app using the ISBN
- Use the app timer to keep track of reading time
- Families who read together can credit their book to all their Readers’ accounts with one easy click
To view a video about using the app – –Downloading & Using the Beanstack Tracker App made by our friends at the North Richland Hills Library