Registration is now open for Spring Into Reading
Join us as we leave winter behind and start focusing on what’s growing all around us— including our curiosities. As the light is returning to our corner of the world, (and with it a renewed energy) now is a great time to dive into deep discovery. Step outside the familiar and check out something new. Grab a volume of poetry, gather a stack of graphic novels or pore over some gardening philosophy. Is there a new author you’ve been wanting to try? Or maybe you want to revisit your list of recommended books. Be sure to look through our book lists for some exciting suggestions on a variety of topics.
NPL has set a community goal of 15,000 collective minutes of spring reading. Register for this challenge and receive a DIY seed-starting kit!
Spring into Reading is sponsored by the Friends of Norwich Public Library and Honey Field Farm.
How the Challenge Works
- Visit our Beanstack website. Click the “register” button if you need to create an account or click the “sign in” button to access your existing account.
- Alternatively, use the Beanstack Tracker App on your phone or other mobile device (apple | android) to create, sign in, and manage your account.
- Within one account, you can set up and manage reader profiles for all of your family members!
Log your Reading and Indulge a New Discovery
- Pre-register for the challenge. It is open for all ages!
- This challenge uses Logging Badges and Activity Badges.
- Click to log a book that you read. You can read as little as one, or as many as you like.
- You will earn a logging badge for every hour logged.
- Complete the challenge by reading 10 hours and earning one activity badge
All registrants will receive a Spring Seed Starting Kit. Additionally:
• All those who complete the challenge will receive a coupon to the Honey Field Farm stand
• One lucky winner will be chosen by raffle to receive a Green and Growing special prize!
- Go to beanstack.org
- Choose “Register an Individual or Family”.
- Follow the prompts to register yourself and/or any family members.
Register with App:
- Download the Beanstack Tracker app in your app store.
- Tap Get Started and select “Yup!” when asked if your library uses Beanstack.
- Type “Norwich Public Library.”
- Tap “Don’t have an account – sign-up”
- Choose a username and password
- Enter your name
- Follow the prompts to complete registration and add family readers.
Don’t do online?
Let us know by calling 802-649-1184 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff can sign you up and provide you with a paper log for keeping track of your reading.
For more detailed instructions on signing up and using Beanstack online see “A Guide to Beanstack at NPL” (pdf).
Three good reasons to use the Beanstack app:
- Scan the books you are reading right into the app using the ISBN
- Use the app timer to keep track of reading time
- Families who read together can credit their book to all their Readers’ accounts with one easy click
To view a video about using the app – –Downloading & Using the Beanstack Tracker App made by our friends at the North Richland Hills Library