Anyone who lives or works in Norwich may register for a library card free of charge. If you don’t live or work in Norwich, then you can get a library card by paying a fee. These fees are equal to the tax support received from the Town of Norwich as of March 2014.
- Non-Norwich residents: $73.00 per family
- Non-Norwich seniors (65+): $20.00
All Library patrons are encouraged to have their own cards. To sign up for a card, please come to the Library with a local identification or other proof of address (driver’s license, property tax statement, etc.). Patrons aged 15 and younger and must come with an adult who can sign the registration accepting responsibility for borrowed materials.
New! Register Online!
Read about our OneCard policies and procedures:
Libraries like to share! OneCard gives participating libraries a chance to serve all our patrons better by providing a greater choice and availability of materials.
WHAT DO NPL PATRONS NEED TO KNOW TO USE ONECARD?
- Make sure your library card has a yellow “OneCard” sticker on it. (If not, just ask for one at the Circulation Desk.)
- Bring your NPL card with you to a participating library.
- Libraries have different lending policies. Be sure to ask the lending library if you have questions about loan periods or restrictions.
- Return your materials to the library where you borrowed them.
- Requests for ILL or holds should be made at NPL, which is your home library.
WHAT DO ONECARD USERS FROM OTHER LIBRARIES NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NPL?
The following business must be transacted at your home library:
NPL does not loan the following items to OneCard holders from other libraries:
- Museum passes
- Fitness equipment
Tip: You can limit your catalog search to OneCard libraries. Choose OneCard from the list of libraries you can search, located at the far right of the search bar near the “Go” button. OneCard appears near the very bottom, under “Groups.”
Ascutney (Weathersfield Proctor Library)
Bradford (Bradford Public Library)
Chelsea (Chelsea Public Library)
East Corinth (Blake Memorial Library)
Fairlee (Fairlee Public Library)
Groton (Groton Free Public Library)
Hartford (Hartford Library)
Hartland (Hartland Public Library)
Newbury (Tenney Memorial Library)
Norwich (Norwich Public Library)
Quechee (Quechee Library)
Wells River (Baldwin Memorial Library)
West Hartford (West Hartford Library)
Wilder (Wilder Library)
Windsor (Windsor Public Library)