Effective February 1, 2020: no fines on overdue items!
Eliminating overdue fines removes an access barrier and ensures that all patrons can learn, imagine, and engage equally at, and with, NPL.
- All outstanding overdue fines will be cleared from all Norwich Library cardholder and OneCard Library accounts throughout the month of February.
- Borrowers will still be charged for lost or damaged items
The nitty gritty
- Overdue items will no longer accrue late fees, but the account will be restricted on day 28 until the item is returned. Patrons will still receive overdue notices by email on day 7, 14, and 28. Patrons are still able to set up advanced or day-due reminders via email or text.
- Late fines paid before February 1, 2020 will not be refunded
- Learn more about loan limits and loan periods at our Borrower Information page