NPL Recommends: Delightful Websites
NPL has gathered the best web content from organizations, publishers, and groups that have opened their virtual doors.
- Art Institute Chicago: Explore thousands of pieces from the museum’s wide-ranging collection.
- Google Arts & Culture: Tour the great museums of the world through Google’s partnership with leading cultural organizations.
- Watercolour World: Their tagline is “Explore the world before photography.”
- Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors: What will you feel if you had infinite space?
Books & Reviews
- Bookpage: Stay up to date on the latest in publishing.
- Goodnight with Dolly: Let Dolly Parton read your child a bedtime story on Thursdays at 7 p.m. EST.
- Library of Congress: Shares ways to engage with their resources.
- Project Gutenberg: Download and keep forever over 60,000 public domain books.
- Project Muse: Scholarly books from top academic publishers.
Concerts & Music
- The Austin 100: NPR’s picks from musicians that were scheduled to perform at SXSW Music Fest. (Listener discretion may be advised)
- Stamford Symphony: Watch videos from our local musicians.
- Vancouver Symphony: BeethovenFest Finale with his Piano Concerto No. 4 and Symphony No. 6 “Pastorale.”
- ChickFlicks.com: Movie reviews and recommendations aimed at women.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Webcams: Feel the stress melt away while watching animals swim and play.
- Photography Life: They’ve made all their online classes available for free.
Health & Wellness
- 13 Meditation Apps to Help You Relax: You got this.
- Gifs to Help You Destress: They’re known for the guided breathing gifs.
- NYPL Building Inspector: Help identify NYC buildings on old maps.
- Transcribe Rare Items: Help share the treasures of the Library of Congress.
- MoMA Audio: Snippets of audio from artists, curators, and others.
- MoMA Courses: Enjoy free art classes from MoMA on Coursera.
- MoMA Magazine: Discover “ideas that shape culture today.”
- MoMA Podcast: In collaboration with the BBC.
- MoMA YouTube: “Passionate perspectives on art.”
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: Each week, a new show is shown for free.
- Broadway HD: They’re offering a seven-day free trial of 300+ shows. Be sure to cancel before the week is up.
- Nightly Met Opera Streams: Enjoy encore presentations of favorite Met concerts.
- Royal Opera House: London: Offering selections from their shows.
- Vienna State Opera: Watch some of their latest performances.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Visit Sunset Point’s certified Dark Sky located in Utah.
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park: Go 750 ft underground in New Mexico.
- Dry Tortugas National Park: Explore the world’s third largest coral reef located in Florda.
- Kenai Fjords National Park: Check out the remote beauty of Alaska glaciers.
- Louvre Museum: Get away to Paris to see the heart of France.
- Met 360° Project: Break out your Google Cardboard (or just enjoy on YouTube) to explore the Met Museum.
- Middleton Place: Explore the home of the “oldest landscaped gardens in America.”
- Nahuku Lava Tubes: A tour of the world’s most active volcano located in Hawaii.
- Sissinghurst Castle: Go virtually abroad to an English castle in Kent.