Taking Care of our Library Community
At NPL we are monitoring the status of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) for our patrons and staff.
At NPL we strive to be aware of all federal, state, and Town directives regarding the virus. Staff members can provide you with reliable information, and you can always ask a librarian for resources!
What Norwich Public Library is doing to protect your health:
- The library is professionally cleaned routinely. We are taking extra care to wipe down door handles, screens and keyboards, and other public surfaces. Hand sanitizer, Kleenex and alcohol wipes are readily available.
- Before and after our library programs, all surfaces, including tables and chairs, are wiped down.
- Staff and volunteers are asked to wash their hands frequently throughout the day. Patrons may choose to use our new self-checkout station if they may choose to limit an interaction at the circulation desk.
- Provide flyers from the Center of Disease Control on techniques to help prevent the spread of germs (View the flyer, here).
- Identifying items, such as stuffed animals, that should be removed from public areas.
- Encourage patrons, staff, and volunteers to stay home and rest if they are unwell.
Services to access at home
If you are unable to visit the Library for any reason, please know that there are still great library resources accessible from the comfort of your home.
- Download e-Books and e-Audio from the Green Mountain Library Consortium’s Overdrive collection
- Stream e-Video from AcornTV, the best of British and Australian TV, available through RBDigital.
- Research diverse topics through our online databases.
- Stream pubic access recordings of our First Wednesdays programming.